Rit DyeMore Synthetics
$8.00 USD + shipping
Rit's latest synthetic dye!
Rit Dyemore Synthetics dye is made for fabrics such as polyester and nylon -BUT- it also works for dyeing wigs! This dye method requires heat to activate, which will remove curls and require some straightening with a flat iron afterwords or re-curling/styling of your wig.
- If this is your first time dying a wig, start with a Pure White, Silver or other light colored wig depending on your preference. Be sure to purchase additional Color Samples swatches in the same color for testing. Remember, synthetic wigs are not like real hair, you cannot go from a darker color to a lighter one!
- Following the instructions on the Rit packet, bring water to boil in a large pot and mix in the dye.
- To achieve the perfect color test out various dye colors and times using your Color Samples before dying your wig. These dyes can work pretty quickly, so you'll want to use less dye for lighter results.
- Get your wig wet before carefully placing it in the simmering dye pot.
- The longer you leave the wig in the dye bath, the darker and more vibrant the color will become! For lighter tints, use a smaller portion of dye.
- Yes, you can mix the dye packets to get exactly the color you want! Alternatively, you can also experiment with a base wig color other than white or silver. We've had some fantastic results using this method.